Sunday 30 October 2016

Travel | Munich Photo Diary and Tips for What to See and Do


 Earlier this month I was lucky enough to travel back to one of my favourite European cities, Munich. It was completely different to my last visit a few years ago, mainly because it was more of a family visit this time but also what we did. Munich is such a varied city, you can go over and over again and do something different each time. 

Here's a few of my highlights from my weekend in Munich.






 On the first morning we walked from my brothers house along the Isar river into the center, taking in the colourful autumn weather. I am always amazed at how clear and fresh the water is here, and the tree lined routes that run along side are full of colour and life. We then headed into the English Gardens, a large park that run through the center of Munich. Even though it was a little chilly, the park was packed with people on bikes, sun bathing and playing games. I love that Munich has such a large communal area and spirit, where people can get out and exercise. If you are thinking of visiting, I would definitely recommend taking a morning to explore the gardens, and don't forget to stop for a an ice cream.






 The center of Munich is always bustling with shoppers, bikes and tourists. We grabbed an afternoon to do a bit of shopping on the second day. My favourite area is the Market, Viktualienmarkt just behind the famous Marienplatz square in the centre. There you will find food stalls, flower markets and depending on what time of year you visit, festive gifts. The amount of Christmas tree decorations I could have bought was enough to fill another suitcase! After working up an appetite we stopped at one of my favourite soup stalls on the market. I had been on previous visits to the city and knew it was one of the best in Munich. I had lentil and sausage soup whilst my mum had traditional goulash, both amazing.




On the last day we hopped on a train two hours south and headed to Fussen to see the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. I had been with my brother a few summers back but it was the first time for my mum and dad to see it. To be fair I loved going back, it had changed so much as there was no scaffolding around the castle this time and the autumn leaves made the grounds so much more picturesque. I would recommend getting up early and booking a ticket into the castle, as when we got there around mid day, there was a large queue and tickets were already sold out until the end of the day. It didn't spoil the day however as the walk up to the castle was breath taking, and the view from the bridge at the top as well worth it. Apart from our train ticket and a cheeky Gluhwien half way up the day cost very little and it was free to explore the grounds.













I hope you have enjoyed this little travel diary around my favourite European city. Feel free to ask me any questions you have if you are thinking of visiting Munich any time soon. Leave a comment below or tweet me @madeupstyle.

Thanks for reading

Anna 
x

If you like my travel posts, why not check out:
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig