Sunday 9 October 2016

Lifestyle | Updating An Old Wardrobe Favourite for Winter



Although I love shopping and buying new items for the coming seasons, I also hate letting go of things I really love. Once in a while I find myself getting emotionally attached to items in my wardrobe that, although a little worn, are still my favourites. My Olivia Burton watch is one of those items. I have had it for a couple of years now, after treating myself to it with my very first wage. I noticed a few weeks ago that my watch had been lovingly worn so many times that the strap was becoming discoloured. Instead of going out to buy another watch altogether, I decided to reorder a new strap to bring a lease of life to this little chap. 




 A new strap has made a world of difference and it's safe to say I have fallen in love with my OB watch all over again. I ordered the Grey and Rose Gold strap to fit my Big Dial watch, which gives it a more universal, timeless look as before I had a teal coloured strap which although I loved, felt a little limiting. The replacement strap cost £25 and I took it to a local jewellers who fitted it free of charge.



Transitioning into seasons or even revamping your wardrobe doesn't have to cost a fortune. By reviving old favourites at a fraction of the cost you can fall back in love with your style again. Same applies to fixing that tear in your winter coat or polishing up your old boots, taking time to look after key pieces can save your money and make you feel good! Instead of going out and buying new, have a wardrobe clear out and see what you can bring back to life this winter.

I hope you have enjoyed this little post, leave a comment below if you have that one favourite piece you just can't let go of.

Thanks for reading,

Anna 
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig