Sunday 23 October 2016

Lifestyle | Breakfast at Billy Bob's Ice Cream Parlor


 If you can't have ice cream for breakfast on your birthday, when can you eh? 

So I turned 26 a few weeks ago and to celebrate never growing up I took the day off work to eat ice cream and open presents. I had wanted to check Billy Bob's out for a while but heard it was super busy at weekends so a mid week visit on my birthday was the perfect excuse. Billy Bob's Parlor is a 50's style diner on a large farm in the beautiful countryside of North Yorkshire.




 We headed for breakfast as it opens nice and early at 9am and there were only a couple of tables taken at that time. The decor was authentic 50's American style diner, with retro posters on the walls, booth seats and juke box players scattered around. I loved how different and unique it felt, there isn't anywhere around where we live like this, it felt like a real experience. The atmosphere was relaxed and cool, with a mix of friends, couples and families. It is super kid friendly too, with an extensive kids menu, specially designed high chairs and massive outdoor play area, it really is a kids dream. But it didn't feel like we were intruding on a childrens playground, the menu and service were great for big kids like us too.





 The milkshakes were without a doubt the best I've ever had, and I am a big milkshake fan. They were really thick and creamy with a true American taste. I had a banana flavoured one and Tom had chocolate. To eat we ordered pancakes and waffles with fruit and ice cream, mine was the Bananarama one and Tom's was Who ya callin' Shortcake. The portions were massive, I think we could have shared one between us but they were good value so it didn't feel like we were wasting money. All the food is fresh and the ice cream is made on site from the farm. All together our bill was around £25 with hot drinks and milkshakes included and we came out stuffed, not wanting to eat for two days!

Safe to say I nailed my 26th birthday in style. 

We already want to go back, I really want to try the lunch menu next time as the American style burger and fries look incredible too. If you want to check out Billy Bobs head to their website or pop in if you are around Skipton or North Yorkshire soon.

Thanks for reading. I love to experience new eateries, if you have any recommendations for places to eat in the North West leave a comment below or tweet me @madeupstyle

Anna 
x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig