Sunday 21 February 2016

DIY | Gold Wire Memo Board How To


I can't believe we have been in our new house for 5 months now and it is starting to all come together and feel homely. We are currently decorating the spare bedroom so we can finally have guests to visit and after a lick of paint the room feels a lot brighter and fresher. 

I want to make a corner of the spare room an area I can work from with a desk, and storage for my crafts so started to pin things to Pinterest for inspiration. There are some incredible office area images online but one that really caught my eye had an amazing large notice board. After a little hunting I found one I loved from Urban Outfitters however it was a little out of my price range so I thought, why not make one for a fraction of the cost?!

This gold wire frame notice board is really easy to make and cost around £10 altogether! 

Here's how I did it...



You will need:
Wire PVC coated mesh 60 x 90 cm
Spray Paint x2 cans (Local craft store or Amazon for £4.98)
Wooden Pegs or bulldog clips

To start I laid down a large sheet to protect the floor from spray and opened all the windows in the room for ventilation. 
Holding the can a little away from the frame I started spraying the paint slowly and evenly over the mesh. 






After I had got an even covering I let it dry before turning it over and spraying the back. I found that one can wasn't enough for both front and back so had to buy another can of paint. I was surprised at how fast the paint dried however, within a few minutes it was ready for the coat on the back.

I used picture hooks to hang my frame up once it was completely dry, and then started to customise with notes, photos and accessories. Wooden pegs or bull dog clips are perfect for pinning things to the board with.I can wait to fill the board with inspirations, colour ideas and pieces of art I love!

What will you pin on yours?




Check out my home board for lots more gorgeous office ideas...


Thanks for reading,

Anna 
x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled on this as the other wire noticeboards are so expensive. I'm not usually a fan of homebase but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad I did. I got the picture hooks for just over £1, a large can of rustoleum gold spray paint for under a tenner and the wire was only £2 something. I don't know why it was so expensive for you and not me but thankyou for this anyway Anna. So pleased with my new noticeboard x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great little DIY project that I did for my daughter's tiny bedroom - it came out well and more importantly my daughter loves it. Just need to find some wooden pegs, which I think will be easier than the bulldog clips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig